Sunday, 27 January 2013

Pom Poko screenshots part 2: Ghost parade

 Ok, if you haven't yet seen the film you might like to save this (the dramatic climax) til later, It's not exactly a spoiler, but it's such a brilliantly hallucinatory experience to watch that I wouldn't want to take that away from you. ;)
That said, here goes! Again, some of these are a bugger to catch because it moves so fast.

  From earlier in the film, but I couldn't resist adding it.


 They took so much care over everything, even though some of it is only a seconds' glimpse.





Actually I think this was my favourite bit of the whole damn film. The idea of this damn thing licking her husband was too much. I think I watched it about eight times. 


 "There's no such thing as ghosts, you idiot."

 I love the stupid long drunken soliloquy in this bit. 
It also looked fantastic. The window idea was damn good.

"Yeah, it's all a kind of a mental trick"


 Might be a good idea to look behind you, mate. 

 
"Ah...you know, I actually think there might be something going on out there...."

 

Damn right there is.....
 Always recycle.


 WoooOOOOoooOoOha!







Write and read comments:

Pumpkin said...

I've never even heard of this film before although I instantly recognized it as Studio Ghibi (that was my Disney growing up, way better!). I had to look it up but this the director that made the horribly depressing Grave of the Fireflies.

LadyLazarus said...

I still haven't had the courage to watch Grave of the Fireflies! I was recommended to watch Totoro immediately afterwards to counter it, though... Pom Poko never really seemed to get as much review space but it's really good.

Anonymous said...

Not just that, the muscles worked by exercise bikes are the
major muscle groups. Its news to many online haiku aficianados that haiku
magazines and anthologies even exist. You have to reduce
how many calories you eat if you want to lose 10 pounds in a month.


My page ... Selecting Simple Secrets For Exercise